This week in news
by Mr. Nobel
- NBC skips over a London subway bombing tribute in favor of re-airing a Michael Phelps interview. Because fuck Britain.
- Mitt Romney insults London. Various British people respond.
- Google gets one step closer to doing what they said they were going to do. Millions of people freak the fuck out.
- Ludicrous trailer for Ang Lee’s Life of Pi adaptation released. I didn’t see how this is an Ang Lee movie…1:50, oh, yep that’s an Ang Lee movie.
- Trailer released for a Zack Snyder/Christopher Nolan, Terrence Malick-inspired adaptation of Deadliest Catch.
- Ludicrously amazing six minute trailer released for Cloud Atlas. Eventual quality of the film to be determined by a elite group of film critics flipping a coin.
- The Queen jumps out of a helicopter with James Bond. Lord Voldemort proceeds to kill health insurance, before Mary Poppins saves the day and clears the stage for Mr. Bean.
- Danny Boyle may have spent a chunk of that $42 million budget on…recreational…substances…for inspiration.
- Battle Royale to be adapted into a TV show by gentlemen of refined distinction and taste.
- Turns out those kooky Chick-fil-A owners kind of suck. First it’s observing Sabbath, now it’s hot, throbbing homophobia. I assumed those weird cow posters meant that they were into bestiality ala Dean Pelton, but whatevs.
- Beijing flood crisis continues. There’s nothing snarky to say about this.
- Madonna went too god damned far. Again.